Day 10 - Carnival Miracle Cruise (Day # 2)


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » North Atlantic
June 24th 2012
Published: June 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

A really late start and we barely made it to the end of the third breakfast sitting around 11.30AM. We checked out the things to do list, and Luke went of to his Basketball games, Elise had agreed to check in with her new friends at midday so Kerry & I were on our own again !

A bit overcast but still warm, and captain said water temp was 26 degrees not that I was planning on jumping overboard at this stage.

We started with a Sports Trivia. We joined a couple from New York in our team. 25 questions mostly about American sport but we both answered some of the questions and we managed to get 17/25. Not bad ! However 19 got first prize. Every trivia there is something that lingers with you and this one is that the Mets won the World Series in 1969.

One thing about Trivia is you try and be polite and let everyone have their say and go with consensus etc. Well bugger that for next time. I should have insisted on Arnold Palmer as the first golfer to win $100K in a season and Carl Lewis to have world record in 100m dash in 1990’s, and we might have won !!

We went down to mid ship to watch the Hairy Chest competition which is always lots of fun. I’ve yet to compete yet as I think I’m still not quite ready for the big reveal.

Early on it looked ominous that some guy from Connecticut called “Matt” was going to be hard to beat as soon as he took off his shirt. Picture this, he had hair on his arms that were really thick like on your head, and I’m sure he shaves down from his chin to below his collar so the fluff does not show, and talk about a hairy back. Well from a distance it was hard to tell the front from back if you get the drift. My best way of describing it is that it looked like he was still wearing a black T-Shirt !

They had about 7 guys enter (some who had no hair at all). They had 4 women who were randomly chosen from the crowd as judges. They each had a task to focus on. Lady # 1 had to feel chest hair. Lady # 2 had to feel back hair. Lady # 3 got to feel all over, and poor old Lady # 4 had to do the smell test !

After a process of elimination the final two had to be dressed in lady clothes and accessories and do a little dance. As expected Matt won the gong.

We then had some lunch at the buffet. I had something from the Deli section this time. A freshly made Tuna Salad sandwich. Yummy !

Later we went to a game of On Your Mark, Get Set, Draw. This is a bit like pictionary where we split into two teams of around 15 each and one person in your team draws and we all try and guess it. In the first round we had like a minute to draw / guess, and as each round passed the time would reduce until Kerry volunteered me to draw with just 15 seconds on the clock. Can you imagine the look on my face when I was given the task of “Club Sandwich” to draw. I reckon the first 5 seconds I was thinking of how I used to eat these with my buddies at NAB just a few months ago but pressure was on, and I failed and we lost !

Tonight was elegant night for dinner but Carnival is nowhere as formal as Princess or Royal Carribean, so OK just for a nice collared long shirt and dress pants. We went earlier at around 6.30PM and did not have to wait long this time. I had Pumpkin Soup again and Chicken & Veggies tonight and showed more discipline with the bread rolls and only had Fruit Platter for desert.

Usual thing now with kids heading off for evening of fun so Kerry & I decided to check out the Karaoke. Pretty tame early but there was some woman who sung like Aretha Franklin with such a huge voice and her body was about the same size as her voice. Another lady called Sam was singing redkneck stuff so I’m guessing she was from Kentucky or somewhere. We had a few drinks enjoying the night (Kerry had the cocktail Sex On The Beach !).

The action really hotted up when some woman called Michelle who thought she was glamorous but was half pissed started singing (really badly). For some reason the crowd got louder to give her more encouragement. The singing got better and louder and they closed it down at 10PM much to the disappointment of the big crowd that had gathered.

We then went back to the Comedy Club to catch Steve Caouette again. He was still picking on the crowd again and lots of fun. Back in room by Midnight and waiting for the kids to arrive. Tomorrow it’s our 2nd full day at sea. Luke would not return until 3.30AM !!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb