Sailing Towards San Diego - First of 7 Sea Days


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » Atlantis
November 9th 2015
Published: September 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -5.44979, -135.501

No alarm today! We get up late, well 8 o'clock. We have breakfast- the usual. It's almost 10am when Karen and I split up. I attend Kainoa's spiel on Hawaii's conversion from Kingdom to Statehood. He's always interesting and a great speaker. Meanwhile, Mom heads to the pool. We agree to meet in our room around noon to prepare for our Mariner's Society Brunch in the dining room. Dress code is smart casual, you know, dress pants and a Hawaiian shirt for me and a black & white dress for Mom. Captain Fred Eversen greets us, we toast champagne and have a nice meal. I have cod and Mom, spinach soufflé. They give each person a Holland America ceramic tile. We have many others at home. Karen sees the menu for tonight's dinner. It's Surf & Turf, filet mignon and lobster. She wants that but we have reservations in the Pinnacle Dining Room at 6pm. She calls and cancels us tonight, rescheduling later in the week.

We return to the room where I start typing but end up napping with the news in the background. Mom starts preliminary packing and organizing. It's Gala Night tonight, our fifth and final formal affair so prepping for that starts at 5. Tonight I try out my white dinner jacket with a lime green vest combo. Very exotic. Not erotic. Exotic.

We sit at a table of eight with most of the conversation taking place at the other end by two people, each trying to outdo the other with their travel experiences. No sense getting into that so we just nod and smile. The meal is excellent. We get to the 8pm show just in time. It's a medley of Elton John hits performed by the Halcats with the ship's singers and dancers. As usual, it's great. The musicians on board are truly great artists and the singers likewise. After the show, we stop for some formal pictures offered by the ship's photographers. I take a few selfies to place temporarily in the blog.

I think that's it for tonight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



16th November 2015

If I didn't know any better, these purchased pictures have the exact same angle as a selfie-stick.

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.3kb