A short morning in Limassol


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » Atlantis
October 23rd 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 34.68, 33.05

Firstly I have bad news to report. Despite the sterling efforts of our team "the international Boozers", we have failed to win the Trivia quiz. The final is tonight but we are second from bottom so have no hope of catching up. The reason for our failure can be probably guessed from our team name! The bar is open during the quiz so we deteriorate as it goes on. We have won the daily quiz from the library a couple of times so the points are being accrued. Will have enough for a bookmark or a baseball cap by the end!

After 2 full days in Israel we decided to have a relaxing day on board and not go anywhere for a day. Today however we docked at Limassol in Cyprus. Over breakfast we were greeted by thunder, lightning and vertical rain and a lovely rainbow. By the time we had made the trip in the shuttle bus to the centre of town, the sun had come out again. It must be the end of the season as the place was very quiet. We wandered through the narrow streets buying a couple of leather belts for a few Euros on the way and doing the regulation visit to the cathedral, which was very pretty. We then strolled along the front and ended up in a bar for the regulation beer (two actually) before going back to the shuttle bus. One couple had been to the new Marina which they said was very nice.

After a lovely lunch it is now time to sit on the sunny balcony and sleep/read and await our good friend Ellie who is arriving this afternoon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



23rd October 2014

and have the one hundred yanks shown up yet??

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb