Where the even posher people roam


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » Atlantis
September 14th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.7405, 7.42543

After a bad nights sleep for me, the morning was slow to get going... Anyone who knows me, when I'm tired knows I am not a pleasant person to be around!!

We wandered to the train stations abt 10 to toddle off to Monaco...

We attempted the ticket machines, however my GCSEs French of 16 yrs ago wasn't enough and we ran away to the ticket office. This place was huge, with counter machines to take your turn. We looked a little lost, when I overheard a lady talking through the ticket machine in English! We jumped at the chance and proceeded to get our tickets.

Armed with pain au chocolate and a cappuccino, we boarded the busy train, through nice to Monaco and Monte Carlo.

We found our way down (a steep descent down the mountainside) to the Port and from there found our way up the mountain side to the palace. It was a long way up, but the views over the bay were amazing. We went around to the cathedral, where all of the formers princes were buried. It had a spectacular ceiling to it, as most churches do, but the building itself was humbling in its plain nature. The museum and aquarium was pretty expensive to go in, and neither of is were overly bothered so we went down to the harbour side for some grub. It was a good feed, although expensive for what it was.

It was then the hike to Monte Carlo, through the tunnel from the Grand Prix lap, and up the mountain again, to the posh casino! We weren't allowed in... Clearly not enough money and flip flops on our feet.... There was even a vw that had been covered in Louis viton print!! Some people have too much money to burn! With another walk down and back up the hill, we were back at the train station. Both really quite snoozy after our hikes in the sun!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.3kb