Heading Toward Home


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas » Atlantic » Atlantis
April 23rd 2011
Published: June 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 25.4681, -89.6539

The last full day of the cruise was -- thankfully -- spent at sea. We all slept in and no one was rushing around that morning. We took in a fairly early round of team trivia after breakfast, which we won -- we named our team the Brambletonians. Anna and I won a team trivia contest on our first sea day, and this last day Katherine joined in and helped us come out on top. Speaking of winning, we also won a raffle prize earlier in the cruise, and Katherine won a free golf lesson from the on-board pro. She had a really good time, and she said hitting the balls in the cage up on the ship's top-most deck was quite something.

For lunch we attended a "murder mystery" put on by the Second City comedy troop which resides on ship. Anna and I had done this on our Epic cruise last year, and we wanted to try it again. We had great seats right alongside the actors, and I even got called up to participate in one of the scenes. I played a masseuse....don't ask!

There were several shows during the day which we attended, including a "behind the magic" demonstration from the magician on board. Anna loved that. We also, unfortunately, had to make time to pack up our bags and try to fit all of our purchases back into our suitcases. I can assure you it was far more difficult than I think any of us anticipated.

We had probably our most enjoyable meals on this last night, having supper at their Shogun restaurant and some of the best sushi we've ever had. The service and food were spectacular, and put a perfect cherry on the sundae of our cruise.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb