On the road again


Advertisement
Oceania
May 18th 2014
Published: May 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We have been here at the Woomera Caravan Park for 4 nights waiting to hear about the outcome of Robert's operation. Things went very well indeed. He came out of theatre and we all went to bed knowing he was in ICU and not yet fully awake. The news this morning is that he is sitting up in bed and eating his breakfast! Remarkable really, Big Barb thinks he will make his target of getting home on day 5. He obviously did not have the same issues around his breathing tube as he did last time.

For those of you concerned about our water problems again it was nothing really. The jubilee clip just needed another half a turn to stop a drip. The problem was that the screw to turn was facing the inside of the van and protected by a bash plate. We removed the bash plate, loosened the jubilee clip and turned it around so the screw faces outwards and accessible should there be another drip. Back went the bash plate. We probably lost about 4 litres over the day it was dripping.

Found the cable to connect my camera to the computer. Of course it should have been stored in the plastic box with the phone and kindle leads - they at least are the same.

Now everything is okay Chris is ready to get back on the road again. We are heading out on Monday morning for Port Augusta where we can hopefully purchase the much desired roast to do in the webber before heading off to Fitzgerald Bay a place we discovered last year and liked so much we are going back again for a few days of free camping. We have included a couple of photos from last year to remind you of how lovely Fitzgerald Bay is. Just told Chewie we are going back and he is excited because last year he and Bartholomew were in detention most of the time we were there so he will see it in 2014.

We have done all the mundane things over the last few days like the washing and cleaning the van so are simply catching lots of sleep and reading. Yesterday we went down for our obligatory nanna nap and there were 5 vans in the park. When we woke up there were 16 and by 8pm there were 23. It is now 10:30 and only the 5 of us again.

GMan is a little flustered because we have walked down to the supermarket twice now. He just isn't used to that much walking for normal things like shopping, yet he will happily do it to get to go and see a tourist sight - explain that to me

Last night we decided to have a pizza from the demountable on site here. It was one of the best pizza's we had ever had. The fellow creating and cooking said it would take 15 minutes so we wandered off to the bar (also onsite in a demountable) for a drink and he said he would bring it over to us if he wasn't busy. Lo and behold it was bought to our table where it was admired by several other patrons. Hopefully they managed to sell a few more. We had to hurry off with the pizza to our van because it was half time in the football and at least the team we picked was winning. We have both failed miserably with our picks this round.

There is a dreadful debate happening here as to whether to have another pizza tonight or do the right thing and have lots of vegetables including broccoli. Finally come up with the answer. We HAVE to have another pizza because we need to take a photograph of it for the blog (good excuse what). On the way back from collecting tonight's pizza a family asked to see it and when shown put their car back into their park and headed off to have pizza instead of going to the pub.

We think the pigeons at the Woomera Caravan Park are the most rotund we have ever seen. They are huge and look so very healthy. Not many other birds around that we have seen.

Hopefully from now on we will have much more to report to you as we travel around parts of the Eyre Peninsula we haven't seen before. It will be a few days however as we are so good at procrastination.

We are now up to 121 different caravan brands on our list and a disappointing 10 Jayco Sterling's so far.

Advertisement



22nd May 2014

News
it all sounds wonderful! Have just finished 10 tea cosies for the Biggest Morning Tea on Mon 26th at Normas Cafe Brinkworth. They are funky and colourful and a laugh! Great times at Skiiagolee --- Pauls daughter, husband and baby Skarlett came for Gourmet weekend as it was their wedding anniversary. Beautiful weather here but need rain again. Cheers and love -- keep safe --- Sue

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb