G'Day from Wonderful Sydney


Advertisement
Oceania
October 28th 2013
Published: October 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What a gorgeous city - from our first view in the morning to walking around and seeing the downtown and port are, we vote Sydney as the most beautiful port so far on our cruise! We were berthed between the Opera House on our port side and the Sydney Harbor Bridge on the starboard side - they both looked close enough to touch and were within easy walking distance from the ship.

We were very fortunate to meet up with Gerhard (from my German family) and his partner Helwi. They've been here for 4 weeks visiting Helwi's daughter Simone, husband Stephan, and their daughter Charlotte, who is very excited about turning 7 on Halloween! Simone and Stephan immigrated to Australia 15 years ago from Germany. The whole family came to the pier to meet us and we had a fantastic day together. We walked over to the Opera House which is celebrating its 40th anniversary with all sorts of special events - one of which we were viewing as we left the harbor in the evening. Then we took a bus tour through town to the Sydney Fish Market - huge place - where we had a fish & chips lunch - wonderful! Then back to the oldest area of Sydney called The Rocks to walk through their Sunday flea market and have afternoon tea and scones (the best in Sydney as the sign claimed!) before having to head back to the ship. What a gracious family and we are so happy to add them to the extended family!

We sailed away from Sydney reluctantly, but now begins our Autralia/New Zealand adventures. Tomorrow we're in Melbourne. More from there!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb