Home Sweet Home


Advertisement
Oceania
June 3rd 2013
Published: June 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Monday morning dawned with Ice covering everything. We stayed at the motel until the last possible second, leaving at 9.59am. At least by that time Gail could ride without a severe case of hypothermia. On the plus side, the weather was beautiful and sunny which was wonderful for this final leg of our trip.

Our first stop was Gundagai, for fuel for both bikes and ourselves, it also gave Gail a chance To thaw out a bit. Sitting behind an acre of plastic, Eoin was not affected. Once again on the road and next stop Goulburn. Just a note here, Subway has the worst coffee followed by Hungry Jacks.

Back on the boring Hume Highway to our final refuel at Pheasants Nest and the Picton Road. (The roadworks coming along nicely) By this time it was after 4pm and we encountered this strange anonomly called peak hour traffic. That Sucks!!

We finally got home safe and sound after taking exactly 4 months to travel 3 states riding Approx 10, 000km, going through a set of tires each, 1 drive chain, 1 oil filler pipe and 1 battery.

We saw some amazing scenery, met some incredible people, visited superb places and rode on some stunning roads. For those of you who may In the future consider undertaking a similar adventure, our recommendation would be, DO IT. Although South Australia was dry totally un comparablle to ou

r beautiful area we are still grateful for the opportunity to experience it

We would like to thank you all very much for sharing our journey and hope that we can invite you to join us on our next experience/venture .

Advertisement



4th June 2013

Welcome Home
Eoin and Gail, Welcome home guys , thanks for the blogs felt like I was riding with you both ,sounds like you had an awesome adventure . Look forward to cathing up one day for a quiet drink or two Regards Graeme
5th June 2013

home at last.
Glad to see you are home safe. Glad you enjoyed your adventure. Sad that after so many great bakeries and coffee shops you finished with a poor coffee at subway. Thanks for sharing your adventure with me. I have enjoyed it very much. Ours continues today as we head south from Mt.Isa. Stay well.
5th June 2013

Welcome home - a great trip, story and photos!

Tot: 1.251s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb