BAY OF ISLANDS


Advertisement
Oceania
August 30th 2013
Published: August 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

NEAR WAITANGI WHARFNEAR WAITANGI WHARFNEAR WAITANGI WHARF

Lovely places to walk
Had a beaut day in tn the Bay of Islands, we were anchored quite a way off shore and were tendered into Waitagi Wharf which took about 20 minutes. The weather was still a chilly 12 degrees but sun was shining - was very pleasant walking around the area. Took a local ferry across to Russell - where the first licensed hotel in New Zealand is situated - Duke of Marlborough - had a yummy lunch of fish and chips and a nice bottle of local Syrah. Could have sat over lunch for another hour or two, Rae and Jim joined us for the day - a great time had by all. Russell is a very quaint little village - can see why so many people come to this area for holidays etc - the whole area of the Bay of Islands (144 islands) is so picturesque but would have been so much nicer in the summer. We had to catch the last tender at 3.15p.m. - so left Russell about 2.00p.m. - to be told at the wharf that the ferry we got over had broken down - but they sent the fast ferry to pick us up so we could catch the last tender to the ship - the ship waits for no one!. All good back onboard in time. Our amazing trip coming to an end - two days at sea and back to Sydney early 2.9.2013.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

SAILAWAYSAILAWAY
SAILAWAY

Through Bay of Islands


30th August 2013

melbourne weather
just to let you know our weather is apparently going to be in the 20's most of next week - maybe you can continue with your suntan!!!!! see you soon xxxxx
30th August 2013

Your trip is nearly over.
Hi ! Soon be home , like us. Loved Bay of Islands when I was there years ago. You will have wonderful memory's of this cruise I'm sure. Must write to your Mum, glad she is o.k. and your Dad will be better when his operation is over too. Thank you both for keeping in touch with your travels,we have enjoyed all your "blogs". Bye Norma & Jeff...
31st August 2013

Enjoyed
Hi I so enjoyed your stories on your trip love Aunty Jan

Tot: 0.338s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 26; qc: 92; dbt: 0.1545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb