We are sailing


Advertisement
Oceania
January 13th 2012
Published: January 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

tap classestap classestap classes

As you can see most of the times i do have my arms and legs almost where the pthers did!
A sea day today and the "Pacific Daily" informs us that we are on a south westerly course across the Basin de Nouvelle-Caledonie, going across the Lord Howe Rise before passing south of Capella Bank during the night. Quite smooth sailing, certainly not like our first 2 days but not entirely calm either.
Currently we are traveling at 17 knots course 230*

Have you ever played Trivial Pursuit before breakfast? I have today, hard to get the brain working adequately at that hour, but due to the lack of numbers we all won prizes and managed to get another stubby cooler to replace the one we lost. A leisurely breakfast followed and it's going to be tough not to be waited on hand and foot in a couple of days when we arrive in Sydney.

More brain exercises today with a game of 500, I basically know how to play but the intricacies of bidding are yet to be mastered, but I started to get better and even bid and won a hand.

Martin is off to cocktail classes at 1pm and I'm doing tap classes at 3pm. Tonight we have a formal dress up night and dinner at La Luna with a circus show before dinner and a late night comedy show to follow. Life is so hard on board a cruise!!!!

After another brilliant dining experience in La Luna we ended the night with getting our formal portraits taken, Martin was all dressed up in his Irish kilt and I wore my good black long dress. Many people wore suits and dresses, and made a huge effort. There were six photo stations, with one of the photographers really knowing his craft and making a huge effort to get the poses just right.

There was a tribute to the chefs and kitchen staff tonight with a march past and champagne waterfall event held in the atrium, much photo taking, dancing and merriment.

Another day at sea tomorrow, so sleep in time! Goodnight!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Formal nightFormal night
Formal night

My $10 op shop dress and Martin's $2000- Irish kilt, the Murphys


Tot: 2.22s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 59; dbt: 0.2309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb