Kiwis checkin in... South Island.


Advertisement
Oceania
October 30th 2009
Published: October 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Additional maps: Untitled | Untitled

Sorry about not checking in.. or updating our blog.
We tried... and are still learning this blog thing....and somehow it didn't "post"... Chad was successul.!

Overview,
Day One.. we flew into Christchurch.. we couldn't wait to get the hell out of town.. We drove down the coast in the rain..and saw more sheep than we could possibly imagine.

Day 2... we got up were very hungry and we could not find breakfast before 10AM... very strange. They have meat pies everywhere. This is where we stopped along the way to the round rocks on the beach. We ended up at Dunedin where where we spent the night on the pensinsula. We watched the little blue penguins come in for the night under a moon light stars. These guys are about a foot high,.. and walked up the cliffs into thier nests. It was a magical night listening to all the calls.. and singing these birds did. they walked up nealy a steep quarter mile walk and past our van.

Day 3 We continued to drive and all we saw was green rolling hills and SHEEP.. everywhere. We ended in Bluff at the most southern point on the island... it was cold.

Day 4.. We drove up to Te Anau.. where we enjoyed sunshine.. we took a boat ride out on the lake. We went caving and saw the glow worm... Chad thought they were fake. It was was warmer in the caves than out side.. tho,... it was sunshining.

Day 5... WOW... we drove to the Fiords and Milford Sound. Ken took us up in a Helicopter and we landed on a glacier !.. we had a snow ball fight on top of the world... (the world down under... ha)

Day 6... We're getting our van fixed.. (brakes or ?) We'll keep you posted... We are on our way up to Queensland.... Were at the moment clean.. dry .. and having coffee.. and checkin in..... (internet is most everywhere.. it's just dial up.,... ack)

We've tried to upload photos... for this blog entry.. dial up.. it's not going to happen today.....
We'll check in later.
Hugs to all
Ken , Laura .. Chad

Advertisement



1st November 2009

Yes, Chad the glowworms are real
Hi guys. Gad you're having a great time. Your comments bring such great memories for us. Wasn't Milford Sound fabulous? and wow, I wish tht we had gotten to go on the helicopter, but it was so cloudy the day we were there, it wasn't feasable. Yeah, there are plenty of sheep. And eat some mutton while you are there. The Kiwis know how to cook it. I've never tasted better before or since. Keep travelin. By the way, we can't read other bloggers comments to you. I know they have written some, because we saw them the first time we logged on. Kim is here now. The 3 of us are going to Waikiki to see all the crazies in Halloween costumes. Love, Mom

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb