Day 16 - Sydney, Wattle Creek, Theresa Park


Advertisement
Oceania
October 5th 2009
Published: October 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

An early start this morning - 6am for a 7am departure. Left a moderately tired Shelly and baby Kayla smiling with us heading for the airport with taxi Craig. Big thanks to all for hosting us for a few days so early in to parenthood, the baby is beautiful and gladly report that upon departure, both parents well and enjoying the little monkey.

Arrived at Sydney on time on one of the Qantas flights that appear to be nearly every half hour between the cities - more at peak time apperently.... not going to like the imcoming climate change targets proposed by federal government me thinks. As we walk off the plane, we're not 100% sure what Geoff looks like, been a long time since we seen last. Luckily, there was a chaffeur sent holding up a board with our names on it - Clair and Graeme (Geoff - you spelt it wrong!), courtesy of Palomo Resorts - we were in luck. He met us as we walked off the gangway in the departure lounge, not allowed at home!

We jump in the car - quicky passing the Melbourne Storm checking in with minimedia frenzy - and head out. We arrive at home after an easy run about 1 hour after touch down. Windmill Farm sits near Camden in the South Western end of Sydney - the landscape is beautiful. We drive up the long drive to the house, zap the remote control garage and drive in. Jean is at a wedding and would be out for an hour or so yet. Geoff gives the quick tour including a brisk walk down the paddock to see the miniature Angus cattle and Shermin the horse. We can see a brutal storm moving in from the east so we jog back up towards the house - the first rain hits us as we dive under cover into the house... more on the rain later!

We are greeted again by 3 dogs - 2 of which belong to Jean and Geoff - the other Paul & Lisa. 2 Corgis and the cute-ist beautiful little Jack Russell called Tia (after Maria). All of these dogs were to be great companions in teh short time we were there. They are highly trained and extremely well behaved - just like big Georgie we'd left in Melbourne.

We watch the storm move in from the coast - Geoff is pleased to see the rain to water the grass for the cattle grazing over the summer. Us wishing it would STOP RAINING. Jean arrives home and we have a roast leg of lamb for dinner - my favourite again, result. We have an excellent meal including a bottle of 1999 Coonawarra Red and bed down for the evening after catching up. Final day tommorrow and final blog thankfully!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0833s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb