Tonga


Advertisement
Tonga's flag
Oceania » Tonga » Vava'u
January 24th 2009
Published: January 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Tonga
I am still unable to include pictures: in the interim I will plublish some commentary and add the pictures once we return home.

The original schedule was one day of sailing to Aitutaki in the Cook Islands, unfortunately the weather did not cooperate. The captain informed us that a large storm was battering the Cook Islands and that we would be detouring away from that area and that our next port of call would be Vavau, Tonga. What he didn’t mention is that this is the typhoon season in the South Pacific. Well after 3!/2 days we finally arrived. The seas were definitely choppy and we found out that Mare has a stronger stomach than yours truly. At night I would try to imagine that we were being rocked to sleep. The only difference being that instead of a side-to-side motion that you would have with a hammock in this case one was being rocked in all directions with the majority being having either your head or feet being raised or lowered. I can vouch for the sea-sick pills. Tonga is a series of islands and one of the great things is that upon entry into the islands there is protection from the rolling seas so no longer is everyone walking like a drunk sailor.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.559s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 78; dbt: 0.1874s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb