101 uses for mayonnaise


Advertisement
Tonga's flag
Oceania » Tonga » Tongatapu
August 17th 2016
Published: August 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Winter has really taken hold! Torrential rain and temps under 20 degrees. This wasn't in the brochure. Also the shops seem to have emptied. Supplies can be vulnerable to shipping and of course weather for veggies.

When a ship does arrive it's a race to stock up - depending on what comes in. There is always mayonnaise, soft drinks and chips. Beyond that - anyone's guess. We are waiting for coffee..... Jan is chief shopper and responsible for scouting the town. The fresh food markets are great though and you can get fantastic veggies and fruits.

But I have never seen anywhere that sells so much mayonnaise. It's in every shop from tiny fales to the big supermarket. I keep asking if they have any other uses for it - maybe body lotion when there is no coconut oil!


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



18th August 2016

Hi. From Adelaide
Nice to see you have spent winter in Tonga. We are going to Thailand on Monday to get some heat as it has been cold and wet here. Hope to do som,e snorkeling and some cocktail drinking. I love your comments about Queen Salotti of Tonga, and YES I remember her as a favorite Queen.Must have been something about being friendly. Tuna worked on Tonga in 1985 so can you imagine what it was like then? He played squash when the Prince was a squash player(now the King) played and the courts were popular. Are they still they're? Best wishes to both you bunnies!
18th August 2016

Squash
Hi - lovely to hear from you! Wow - squashcouts. I will check - I actually think they are still here. No I cannot imagine 1985. Sometimes it feels like 1953 here! Have a wonderful time in Thailand - which bit??xx

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb