A couple of relaxing days


Advertisement
Samoa's flag
Oceania » Samoa » Upolu
August 14th 2017
Published: August 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

fish photo from Snorkellingfish photo from Snorkellingfish photo from Snorkelling

Difficult to get good photos as fish quiet timid
The last couple of days we have had as relaxing days partly because it is Sunday and a public holiday, partly because we needed a couple of down days. On Sunday we walked from the hotel to Palolo Deep to see how far it was and wandered back to the hotel to sit by the pool and swim, read a book and enjoy the local beer (which I might add is very good from someone who doesn't like beer much). Today Monday we walked to Palolo Deep again and went for a snorkel for an hour or so. The fish were numerous, almost as many as the Churches here, but quiet a lot more timid than the same species that we have seen else where. Then we wandered back to the hotel around lunch time to sit by the pool - quiet busy with some very inconsiderate families so we went and had a game of tennis (not going to mention the result!!!). We were soooo hot we just had to go for a swim to cool off a little. Have found a good reasonably priced place to eat along the road which we will saunter along to later, not quiet as interesting as the local Chinese restaurant we found ourselves in a few nights ago, which was a great feed, but we were the only guests in the 'restaurant' however there were other guests in private rooms with large amounts of plates being delivered with what sounded like the clicking of Majong tiles. The waitress cautiously asking if we were vegetarian because the had previous experience of europeans asking for seashuan chicken and walking out because it had meat in it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb