Samoa


Advertisement
Samoa's flag
Oceania » Samoa » Upolu » Apia
July 14th 2010
Published: July 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post




After a dive at Eastern island , we did 4 dives at Samoa.
2 at both Islands (savaii and Upolu).

Samoa is famous for its turtles and yes we saw a lot of these amazing creatures..

The first of the two dives at Savaii we saw 3 turtles and one was so lazy it didn't move hahaha.. so after 2 picture just 1 meter in front of her she finally cruized away...and when we left, she came back to her spot to relax again....

the second dive was a wreck dive (ship around 1880, with missionares arriving to the island).. They did a beter job in spreading the religion of christianity in Samoa than got a ship save in the bay....
The ship structure was still good and new coral was growing around it.

Unfortunaly glenn was right about the visability, it was good but less than in Tonga but most of all there was less hard/ soft coral.

The last 2 dive were at Upolu near the great Lalomanu
Samoa - Savaii
beach.
The dive site is called Turtle Minefield (the record of the number of turtles seen in 1 dive was 23!!) We saw 8 turtles (green and ............). Like in other dives my mate got the best eye to spot interesting things. As already everybody just swim 4 meter above an huge turtle who was hiding between the rocks she catch it hahah.. again a nice shot with camera...
Also we recognize that we are using less air than before. After 40 minutes my mate and I went on with the instructor while other had to start to end there dive. I finished the dive after 53 minute with 40 bar left and femke even got still 60 bar in her tank !!!

The second dive was not special the visibility became even less and non coral only the christmas tree coral (the yellow, Blue and red).







Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0699s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb