No Sun in Samoa


Advertisement
Samoa's flag
Oceania » Samoa » American Samoa
May 29th 2015
Published: May 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

It rained today in Pango Pango, American Samoa…seems we have hit a weather pattern that won’t end. Perhaps two days at sea will change everything.

We walked along the coast and visited the US post office to mail a package home. It was nice to deal in US dollars again and the post office employees are the same everywhere.

After lunch we walked to the Sadie Thompson Inn where Somerset Maugham wrote his short story “Rain” which was made into a movie. Going to have to see if I can get that one when we get home.



Met a couple from the ship at the Inn and drank some local beer before heading back. Did a little shopping along the way and then it was time to leave. Nice island but wish it had been sunny and dry.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



31st May 2015
Good To Know

No Sun in Samoa
Too bad about the rain but at least it is warm!......I did not know about that movie either but how interesting with Joan Crawford none the less. I am sure your weather will clear in the next two days, your home looks quite comfortablre how's the pool water? Continue having a great time!
31st May 2015
Good To Know

Rain
There were two other versions of the movie too which starred Gloria Swanson (silent film) and another starring Rita Hayworth. I pulled up the short story from the internet and it was an interesting read. I guess it rains frequently in Samoa. Give a hug to Nova!

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb