Pago Pago


Advertisement
Samoa's flag
Oceania » Samoa » American Samoa
August 22nd 2014
Published: August 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Pago PagoPago PagoPago Pago

Carving into a tree
Pago Pago: During the night we steamed across the South Pacific Ocean into the Samoan Basin. In the morning we approached on a Northerly heading towards Pago Pago Harbour. Approaching to the entrance we left on our Starboard side Breakers Point, and on the Port side Tulutulu Point before making final approaches towards our berth.

On going ashore Colleen, myself, Greg, Judy, Liz, and Howard hired a bus to take us out to Two Dollar Beach and then onto Tisa’s Bar and Grill.

All beaches in American Samoa are privately owned and no prize for guessing how much the cover charge was for using the beach.

Tisa’s Bar and Grill is commonly referred to as the “bar at the end of the world” as C.N.N. did an article on it some time ago hence its name. We had an excellent lunch served on a plate made out of banana leaves, washed down with beer that was 6.7%!,(MISSING) just a light beer by local standards.

From there our bus picked us up at 2:00p.m. and took us back to the wharf where we then went to a chinese restaurant for more food and drinks before boarding
Queen LucyQueen LucyQueen Lucy

That is the name of the bus we hired fully air conditioned
the ship and setting sail for Auckland.



The second game in the Bledisloe Cup was broadcast live last night, I am glad I left when I did as when I decided to check out the score in my room it was 43 – 16 to them with I don’t know how many minutes left on the clock. I am guessing we copped a hammering.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Bathing BeautyBathing Beauty
Bathing Beauty

The water was crystal clear and very warm, nice photo of my angel.
The little lassiesThe little lassies
The little lassies

Judy, Liz, and Colleen enjoying the local beer.
Lunch, Bangers, and ChickenLunch, Bangers, and Chicken
Lunch, Bangers, and Chicken

Served on a plate of banana leaves.


Tot: 0.419s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb