Outreach PNG


Advertisement
Papua New Guinea's flag
Oceania » Papua New Guinea
February 9th 2018
Published: February 9th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Heey peeps,



I am sorry that i have not posted anything in 1,5 months. Papua New Guinea and internet don't really go together. but i have got some stories to tell. The good and the bad.

First the good. In the first two weeks me and my team went to a village in the province of Milne Bay. We gave there a mini dts. We teached students and staff a like topics of our own dts. It is insane how God changed that village. People went from believing in Jesus to knowing him. Lives were completely changed. Many people got healed and gave their live's to Jesus, it was insane. We danced with the kids every night and gave devotions. My favorite part of it all was standing in front of a large crowd and preach. It was great. Every day we had teachings and hanging out with the people. On the last day of the mini dts we had a celebration. They did traditional dances and rituals. For Diner they killed a pig in front of us. It was brutal. After that we went to Lae with the Ywam medical ship.

For the past two/three weeks now we have been working for and with the medical ship. We went to an island away from the main land to tell the people the ship was coming for eye surgery of dental issues. We traveled around the island to different villages through the jungle. It is so beautiful here. We hiked and went in the back of a truck crossing around the island through the mud.It was a lot of fun. We did not only tell people the ship was coming but we also hang out with them and did church services. To complete the island village adventure we showered in creeks and rivers. It is an experience never to forget.

But besides that there was a lot of not so nice things going on. I have been sick for almost the entire time. From the second day on i stopped digesting, for a total of 17 days. In between that time i had a lot of stomach pain and i was very weak and low energized. I was not always able to do everything because of that. I went to the hospital in Papua New guinea for two times. We tried two different sets of diets and pills, but nothing worked. At some point i went back to Australia to get it checked out cause it was very painful. besides that something weird came out and it was just not healthy. I went back to Australia got new medication and started digesting. It was not going fast but it was going. So i went back to PNG with the confidence that it would go alright. And it did but it also did not. When we went to Lae i was still digesting but a lot had to come out and i was still in pain. But energy wise i was doing good. Till we went to the island. Because the food was not that healthy especially for me in my situation, i got worse again. After 1,5 weeks on the island i got very weak and i lost a lot of weight. When i walked for just a 100 meters, i had the feeling i was going to fall down. I was tired a lot and could not do much. Because of that my immune system got worse and i had a cold/fever that would not stop. By the time i got pretty sick i went on the ship. I was shocked when i looked in the mirror of how much weight i lost in just 1,5 weeks. One guy that saw me 1,5 weeks ago was scared of seeing me. I am on the ship at the moment and i am getting better. But it takes a lot of time before my body gets back to what it was. At the moment i am still not that strong and quickly tired. But i am definitely making progress. besides that i have been homesick as well which i have never been before. I had no idea i loved home that much.

Besides that a whole bunch of team things were going on that made things a lot more difficult. I can say that this has most definitely has been the most difficult time of my life. But it has also been the time where i learned the most out off. Which is good. So i don't regret doing it at all. It has been amazing with many, many challenges. And lessons i will take with me for life. But i cant wait to go home.



Now i have 11 more days to go of outreach and 1,5 weeks of debriefing week before i head home. It has been amazing and terrible. It has been an amazing journey and i will wright one more blog when i come home to make a summary of my time abroad. And when i get back home i will make an outreach video so you can see the things i have seen and experienced.



Thankyou guys for reading and i will see you later.



Dave

Advertisement



9th February 2018

Right on!
Knap van je dat je doorzet en de positieve dingen blijft zien! Blijf op de goeie dingen focussen, en weet dat we aan je denken! See ya later!
9th February 2018

Jaa thanks man! See ya later
10th February 2018

Thinking of you a lots.
Thanks you for the news Dave ik vroeg me de laatste tijd regelmatig af hoe het met je gaan wens je heel veel beterschap toe en vooral God's Zegen. Hartelijke groeten van Anita van Houten
10th February 2018

Ahhh thankyou so much!!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb