New Zealand - The Very Best Of


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
July 31st 2009
Published: August 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Ted's Adventures


Its amazing how quick seven weeks can pass and what you can do in that time. We can leave New Zealand happy that we’ve came, seen and conquered the country. Well, maybe not conquered, but it sounded good! The country certainly lived up to the high standards we had set it, form listening to other travellers banging on about it been the best country they have ever visited. I don’t think it failed in any way to impress us. Maybe by the time I’m finished writing the blog I will find something negative to say.

First up is the kindness of the people and their welcome for us. Everywhere we went people were interested in where we had been and where we were going. Everyone had advice for us and I still remember the first lady we met who advised us to ‘trust no one’. Exactly what a certain mother would say. Even buying something in a local shop would result in some sort of advice on where to go, what to see or how to get there.

The list of things to do our see in New Zealand is endless. With thousands of kilometres of roadways they have managed to put in place a picnic area I would say at least every five to ten kilometres. You don’t even have to drive that far to find another sign for a tourist viewpoint, activity or walkway. If you stopped at every attraction you could need years to see them all. Off the top of my head we saw orcas and sperm whales in the wild, countless amounts of seals, dolphins, penguins, amazing scenery with every turn of the head, gorges, geysers, volcanic mud pools, volcanoes, beautiful harbours, snow capped mountains, huge lakes, white sandy beaches, golden sandy beaches, jumped from 134m in the air and trekked on a glacier. Another lifetime of memories in a small space of time.

In a bit. DH

Song of the blog: Rock 'n' Roll - Eric Hutchinson (on New Zealand radio every 2 minutes)

PS - Happy Birthday Dad.



Additional photos below
Photos: 114, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb