New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
June 2nd 2008
Published: October 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Owing to laziness, apathy and the global financial crisis this blog has been delayed 4 months.

Anyway we landed in NZ from Chile on June 2nd. Lee Cook, "That Maraetai Computer Guy", put us up in Auckland and was a great host. As you can see from the pics it was the perfect place to relax for a few days. Later we travelled to Kati Kati to stay with my auntie Maura and uncle Geoff. They have a nice place with lots of avocado and mandarin trees, oh and a hot tub. We were well looked after for a few days in Kati including some fishing and a day trip to Rotarua for the polynesian hot springs and a couple of other touristy things. Of course Yvonne caught the biggest fish...again. I'm supposed to be the hunter gatherer in the relationship! Onwards from Kati we went to Wellington for the big game. Wellington was probably our favourite city in New Zealand, very picturesque. Ireland gave a good 60 mins in terrible conditions and didn't loose by that much in the end. Still I had hoped for a historic win. We took the ferry to the south island and headed towards Christchurch. The scenery is beautiful there - as with the north island but a little grander. We stayed with the Fordes, friends from Dublin, in Christchurch for a couple of nights. It was noticeably colder down there and we were glad to be heading to warmer climes. And so to our final destination for the time being - Austrailia!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb