A bit belated - but we're back!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Woodend
December 19th 2008
Published: January 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

Just thought we'd write one final blog to let those of you who are living overseas know that we are back (we've actually been back for almost a month now!). For those living in NZ they're probably already wishing we were back over there!!!

There was no rest for us when we got back home. Daniel was picked up from the airport with his bike - and the boys headed straight for the hills! I headed home and rather rapidly turned our nice neat house (thanks family!) into a bomb-site, while showing off all our new purchases to my family.

We really noticed so many differences in NZ after coming back from overseas - like the lack of cars on the road, and the room everywhere, and how big our house is!!!! (compared to the tiny flat we were living in).

So, we are now straight back into the swing of normal life again - had my sister's 21st party, her hen's night party, helped the other sister move into their new house, lots of nights out visiting friends and family, catching up on all my sister's wedding plans, Christmas festivities...oh yeah, and working!

It's nice being back in familiar surroundings, and actually having work to do! But we thoroughly enjoyed our time overseas and hope that one day we can come back again, maybe not to England, but definetly to Europe!!!

Thanks to all the family for the wonderful hospitality that they have shown to us both. We really loved getting to meet you all and seeing and hearing stories about our parents and grandparents and where they grew up.

I've included some photos for you all of our house (since so many people were asking for this) and of my Christmas tree. We've been having really hot weather over here - high 20's to early 30's everyday! So can't say we are missing the English life! I've including some photos of what we've been up to in the heat also.

Thanks again for all reading and following us on our big journey - we hope you all enjoyed reading and seeing what we've been up to as much as we enjoyed being there. In fact, if anyone loved it that much, we'd be more then happy to do it all again - if you pay!!!

Bye all and
Celebrating Daniel's BirthdayCelebrating Daniel's BirthdayCelebrating Daniel's Birthday

...it was so hot we spend the entire night sitting outside - I think that's the first time we've ever done that!
have a happy holiday season!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Monique in the GardenMonique in the Garden
Monique in the Garden

I had to use an umbrella to keep the sun out otherwise I would burn to a crisp within 30 mins!
Daniel prunningDaniel prunning
Daniel prunning

...that's Monique's parents house you can see in the background
Daniel and Monique's brother SamDaniel and Monique's brother Sam
Daniel and Monique's brother Sam

...adding an outside area with a shade cloth so Monique can sit outside and not burn!


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0737s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb