Westport (2 Dec 2010)


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Westport
February 4th 2011
Published: February 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 2nd December 2010 (Nelson – Westport)

First morning with Kane and it was time to break a few hearts. We were booked on the bus over a week ago, but those on the reserve list sat nervously awaiting their name. Almost all got on but a couple had to get back off when there were others on the list above them at the second pick up.
A packed bus set off and then we were treated to the Kane wake up with a DVD of “Good Morning” from “Singing in the Rain”.

An amazing stop today at Lake Rotoiti, a huge lake surrounded by mountains, where we jumped off the end of jetty into the lake! There where large eels swimming around the jetty putting some off jumping into the water!

Next stop was yet more activities. Joanne went horse riding, but Richard opted out and went to the beach with a few of the others... The horse riding was a little disappointing as the instructor forgot her helmet and left us with just one girl who couldn’t let us have a long canter on our own as she had to look after the less experienced riders.

In the evening Kane organised a 3-legged pub crawl. Everyone was expecting the married couple to pair off together, but we joined in the fun and put our names in the hat. Richard lucked out when he got Mel, a really nice girl from Bath - while Joanne got stuck with Scottish James, one of the rowdy crowd!

Richard and Mel set off first arriving at the pub, getting a drink and watching all the others struggling along. Then Richard noticed that Joanne and James were cheating (James’s idea!) by untying themselves until 10m before the entrance to the pub and then strolling in 3-legged again. Richard said “I saw you”, to which James retorted “she kissed me first”, which was quite funny. James kept sitting with his crowd then downing his drinks and dragging Joanne to the next pub before anyone else was ready so she didn’t get to see Richard or her friends most of the night :o(

When we reached the 3rd pub we started untying ourselves, although apparently Kane told us the following day this was against the rules, however it was lucky that we’d separated as the Scottish guys got escorted home by the police later that night completely paralytic!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb