Lake Brunner


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » West Coast
March 1st 2010
Published: May 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Lewis PassLewis PassLewis Pass

The mountainside was covered in beautiful flowering Rata and this is where we met our Kea.
At the end of February we had our first mini holiday as a family. The three of us took a road trip in our new car to the West Coast and enjoyed a night at Lake Brunner. The scenery was spectacular on the way and we were blessed with sunshine too - in good old kiwi style we had to stop to allow a cow train to cross the road, the ladies were off for milking, though a few stragglers were more interested in afternoon tea in the grass verge than actually crossing to the next field. The grass must have been greener! The lake was huge and sparkling and we enjoyed a lovely walk along the shores and then dinner beside the water too. The wee man was very obliging the whole weekend - fantastic!

Note: Lake Brunner is also known as Lake Moana, which is Maori for 'wide expanse of water' or 'sea'.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

KeaKea
Kea

This little chap was scavenging at a car park in the Lewis Pass - he particularly liked our car and scurried underneath it a few times. So beautiful and colourful up close :-)


Tot: 0.289s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 15; qc: 67; dbt: 0.2231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb