A Fine Day in Reefton


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » West Coast » Reefton
November 22nd 2007
Published: November 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Presenting the ChequePresenting the ChequePresenting the Cheque

Rotarians Gareth, Paula and I, present a fund raising cheque to Sharon and Jeanette of the Youth Centa. From left to right: Gareth, Sharon, Jeanette, Paul and Paula.
Some days just cry out for a blog entry. Today was one of those days. Nothing spectacular happened, but taken together it was just a good day. The kids are now almost entirely self-sufficient in getting themselves out to school. I completed a computer rebuild back at the office - all done remotely of course. Tackled a number of issues for our house renovation. Went for a run along the river before the kids came home from school. Against all odds, helped Adrianne find a very special ring which she lost swiming down by the river yesterday and then laid out in the sun while the kids floated by in the river. A flat white courtesy of Marg at the Broadway Tea Rooms followed by a light dinner at Dawsons. Attended an ITP (tourism board) event where Rotary presented a cheque for $6,500 to the local youth centre. Capped the evening off with a decisive victory at the monthly Quiz Night. It would have been flawless if only Astrid was around to share it - she is still away in Australia at a conference.

Advertisement



4th December 2007

Donation
Was there anyone named Peter at this donating of money?

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0978s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb