Lake Wanaka


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
October 4th 2014
Published: October 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

October 4 – Our first day in Wanaka was spent touring the area with Brian and Diane who seemed to know just about every nook and cranny! I wish I had taken a notebook, because it was impossible to remember everything they told me! They own a crib (cabin) on Lake Hawea which is very close to Lake Wanaka that they rent out. They spent many summers here, and as Brain declared, "This is our back yard!”



We met another of Brian and Diane’s friends for coffee. Don recently took a job as a warden at Aspiring Hut in Mt. Aspiring National Park . (I don’t think this is the kind of hut that people like me inhabit, it’s for mountain-goat people like our New Zealand friends.) Don’s done search and rescue in the past, and Brian says, he is the kind of person you want around if you’re ever in trouble in the bush. He’s also quite a good photographer.



Tonight we had a dip in the hot tubs which required running from the change rooms on the cold concrete through a short wind tunnel – I suspect one of the designers of this resort had Swedish origins.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



19th October 2014
Lake Wanaka

Great image!
You're getting some fantastic photos on this trip - well done!
19th October 2014
Lake Wanaka

Thanks, Jo!
Seems there's something beautiful around every corner!

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb