Hotel?? what is this concept?


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Wanaka
April 23rd 2006
Published: April 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Rise and Shine to be on the bus for 7am! We hit the road and headed for the Haast visitor centre which explained the digging and building of the haast pass...not exactly interesting and after yesterday I just wanted to sleep!!!
We were told that the Haast pass was, ironically, impassable due to a landslide so we were delayed for 4 hours. We all looked glumly at the visitor centre hoping we weren't going to be stuck there for 4 hours. But no, alas, Loubey (the bus driver) had a better idea....yes a pub!!!
It got a bit boring really. We were finally told the pass was clear and we could go, so we all piled back on the bus and headed for Wanaka.
We arrived late in the evening but the HOTEL we stayed at was awesome. Impossibly thick duvets, a TV in the room and a BATH!!! Wanaka is a lovely little town with such a nice feel to it. Its a little ski town and seems very alpine. could be italian! The lake was bonny and apparently they serve cookies in the interval at the cinema! (yes they still have an interval! how quaint)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb