New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Te Anau
December 5th 2012
Published: December 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I had planned to go to Stewart Island today but weather was wet and windy so I would not have been able to make the most of it.

As in the south of the South Island decided to go to most southerly point as I had been to the most northerly point on the North Island. What a contrast! I had to put o my waterproofs as there was horizontal sleet. It was cold enough for me to be wearing gloves.

Staying at Te Anau tonight it rained the whole journey but lovely sunshine here. It is very commercial with lots of boat trips and scenic flights. I walked for a couple of hours after I had a bite to eat. The lake is beautiful.

I was in two minds as to whether to drive to Milford tomorrow. The decision has been made for me. The heavy rain earlier in the day caused a mudslide and road is closed. They have not been able to clear it today as it is too dangerous to work on it while ig us raining. There will be an announcement in the morning.


5th December 2012

Keep Safe
Sounds like youre having a good time, despite weather conditions. Soon be back hehe.

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0186s; 1; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb