Fjords


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
February 15th 2017
Published: February 15th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday I was unable to post a blog update due to a late night of activities and an extremely slow internet access. I have worked out the internet access.



After flying all day, we arrived in Queenstown, NZ, home of many sports activities in New Zealand. Queenstown is located on the south end of the south island, at the foothills of the Southern Alps, which run down the west cost of the south island. It is located on Lake Wakatipu, a stunning setting with the southern alps in the background coming right down to the water. I must say it was beautiful flying into this airport.



We left early today for the four your drive to the Milford Sound, one of the fjords in the Fjord National Park in NZ. This was the area used for the filming of the water scenes in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. We took a boat out into the ocean and then back into the fjord, seeing an unbelievable landscape of snow covered peaks, sheer cliffs, hundreds of yards tall and beautiful and unusual waterfalls seeming to come direct from the cliffs. It was an absolutely staggering site. The beauty of this part of the world cannot be captured in photos.



Due to the blog site I am using, I am limited as to the pictures I can upload. I hope you get just a small image of the beautiful land I saw today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



16th February 2017
IMG_2491

amazing
breath taking photos thanks Jack
16th February 2017
IMG_2491

amazing
breath taking photos thanks Jack

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb