The adventure capital Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
February 29th 2016
Published: March 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Arriving into Queenstown early Friday evening our first port of call was to get our hands (and mouths) round a Queenstown staple.. The Fergburger. I have never known an independant burger bar more famous and renowned. If you talk to anyone who has been to Queenstown they will 100% have had a Fergburger and will be judged and ridiculed if not- it is an absolute must. Thankfully due to one of my amazing friends in Welly giving us the heads up to call our order in we avoided the queues. God, am I pleased we did! The place was rammed. People were queuing down the street and spilling out over the road, and thats a normal occurrence when it comes to this place. After much deliberation we decided to go for a Little Lambie and a Mr Big Stuff and they did not fail to dissappoint. I am not a huge burger gal but wow it was delicious! We spent the rest of the evening slipping into an food induced coma, it was lovely.
Next morning we had a much needed lie in and went for brunch in the sun at a really cool place called Joes garage. From the extensive menu I chose the smoked salmon hash with fried egg which was delicious! It was such a cool place, with great coffee-exactly what we were after and a perfect way to spend a lazy Saturday morning. We then spent the remainder of the day exploring Queenstown looking at all the shops, purchasing some momentous for the trip, walking the lake front and getting a real feel for the place. In the evening, we donned our chef hats and made spaghetti bolognese and enjoyed a chilled night in the campervan. We were staying at a campervan park called Creeksyde in Queenstown, it's the worlds first self sufficient holiday park. It was so nice, and I could not recommend more. The coded toilets were really high quality and super clean- it was the first and only time I showered without flip flops, so that's saying something.
The next day, we went up to the top of the gondola which had the most spectacular views it was breathtaking. At 700m you got a full view of the town and the surrounding mountains and lake. We then got our adrenalin fix going luging, which is like a go kart, down the side of the mountain, and ski lifting our way back up. It was such good fun, we did it three times and I could have happily done it another three especially when you have the views to match the fun factor! After this, we went for some lunch near the waterfront and walked round Queenstown Gardens which were so pretty and very English-esque. We treated ourselves to some gelato from the ice cream parlour attached to Fergburger. Now Ferg does amazing burgers but even better ice cream, hands down one of the best gelatos I have ever had! I absolutely loved Queenstown, it was absolutely stunning and had such a good feel to it with the hussle and bussle of tourists and fellow travellers attracted to the hub.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb