New Zealand so far


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
November 3rd 2013
Published: November 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

After woofing in Nambour and Lowood for 1 month I flew to Auckland. (15/10/13 till 10/11/13

After one night in Auckland it was off to Hot Water beach.



16/10/13
Arrived in Hot water beach after visiting some nice beaches. At night went to dig a hole in the sand and went to sit in it, sometimes it got really hot but was really awesome and you can sit in hot water on the beach.

17/10/13
The trip to Waitomo was pretty awsome allot of green hills, sheeps and cows. After arriving there we went to the Glowworm cave. At first it was just walking around and then we went on a boat. It was amazing to see all the lights on the roof of the cave. In the night had some beers with people from the bus.

18/10/13
Rotorau is a smelly but nice place with a lake nearby and nice to walk around. We went to a Mauri village where we got to know more about how they used to live. It was interesting how the Mauri accepted new people on their island. Because the Europeans were just looking for new chances just like the Mauri. After the ceremony we ate at the Mauri village and went back to the hostel.

19/10/13
The day after the Mauri village, I went to Hobbiton where they filmed The hobbit and Lord of the Ring. It was awesome to walk around there and took loads of pictures. The day after would be different because it was gonna be Taupo for two days.

20/10/13
Two days in Taupo was different because there were no activities. On the first day it was just chilling around and to the gym. On the second day we would go to Tangariro National park, but because of weather issues it was canceled.

22/10/13
The day later we drove to this beautiful place called river valley. It was quiet but being surrounded by hills was amazing.

23/10/13
Time to leave the hills and off to Wellington. A long bustrip made me tired so I didnt do much there. I just went out of the hostel one time because it was too windy all the time. On my way up back to Auckland hope it's better in Wellington

24/10/13
Took the ferry to Picton and we were of to Kaiteriteri.
After arriving at the bay of Kaiteriteri I just had an easy day with some food and beer at the bar.

25/10/13
I took the ferry to Abel Tasman National park and walked around for a few hours there. It was an impressive view out there. We head of to it was just hanging out with some friends over there because there wasn't much to do out there.

25/10/13
On the road to Lake Mihinapau we stopped at Panakaiki (pancake rocks) Rocks that got layers in 1000nds of years. Lake Mihinapau was amazing being surrounded by mountains and a lake.

26/10/13 - 27/10/13
Franz josef was a nice place to go again surrounded by mountains. We went for a walk in a green valley with the Glasier ahead of us. It was a really nice walk to do. The day after was a relax day again.

28/10/13
Wanaka was a beautiful place to hang out, it had a nice landscape. With Lake Wanaka very near it was one of the best places I have been.

30/10/13 - 04/11/13
Queenstown is By far the best place I have been, with a lake near again and mountains around me. Halloween was awesome to celebrate here everybody was dressed up and was up for a good night out. The rest of the days were pretty quiet, one last time out with the group. Because many are not going on or going later.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb