Day 98: Arrowtown bakery and the almighty Fergburger!‏


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
March 17th 2013
Published: March 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Ahhhhh a lie in this morning! The weather gods listened to Lizzie's prayer for sunshine during her week off but unfortunately as she was flying out today... the spell was broken and along came the rain! We had a walk around the park before waving goodbye to Lizzie as she headed off to the airport. We jumped on a bus to Arrowtown - at this point it was raining heavy and we were starting to feel like we'd come home early! Our bellies were rumbling and we headed to Arrowtown Bakery for the most amazing Lamb & Mint sauce pie as well as a Beesting bun for dessert. The museum seemed like a good (warm and dry) place to be for the afternoon and provided us with some interesting facts about the gold mining history of the area.

Bailey's bit: We celebrated St Patricks Day not with a beer but with a burger, and not just any burger - the ALMIGHTY FERGBURGER!?!? After careful deliberation I opted for the Big Al; 1/2 pound of NZ beef, bacon, cheese, 2 eggs, beetroot, salad and sauce...monstrous! Cat went for the Bun laden; falafel, cucumber, yogurt and salad. Both were washed down with chips and a banana milkshake. It was a good thing I had done the run in the morning!

Daily mileage: 10 I ran the Frankton track to...erm...Frankton and back. One of the longest runs I've been able to do thanks to not having a bus to catch or crazy terrain to tackle!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb