New Zealand / Australia Trip


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
February 23rd 2012
Published: February 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

45 th Parallel45 th Parallel45 th Parallel

Crossing 45th Parallel South
2/23/2012



Rain, rain and more rain, but warm and no breeze.

Despite the weather we cut our lunch and drove off to the popular Kawarau Gorge bungy jump ‘entertainment’ center. We emphasize ‘entertainment’ because we happened upon a ‘stark naked female bungy jumper’ who was nonchalantly ‘taking THE plunge.

The general response was surprise, disbelief and polite acceptance … our only question to the management was “Does this happen often?”



Back in the car we drove on thru’ the rain to the celebrated Gibbston Valley Winery and Cheesery . This is a regular tour bus stop and tho’ only being mid morning, business was pulsing. Gibbston Valley Winery posts to the world ….. 12 (top shelf) bottles to USA, cost $265.



John treated us all to a delectable selection of local cheeses accompanied by silver service green tea. In this we indulged ourselves, by passing the bustling wine sampling room.



During our search for ‘Middle Earth” NZ, we happened upon the wacky ‘Puzzle World’ playground for adults and children on the edge of the charming town of Wanaka (7000 pop. …. Quadrupling in high
Kawarau BridgeKawarau BridgeKawarau Bridge

AJ Hackett's bungy jump
summer and ski season). Barbara and Robyn cavorted about the area like juveniles. With John’s coaching we managed to hold up the ‘Leaning Tower of Wanaka’ while he took our photo …… see this pic.



Continuing our search for ‘Middle Earth’ we entered into Mt Aspiring NationalPark. Meandering freely we were rewarded with a surreal ‘Lord of the Rings’ experience. One picture is worth 1000 words, please view John’s photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Wanaka Puzzle WorldWanaka Puzzle World
Wanaka Puzzle World

The Leaning Tower of Wanaka
Mt. Aspiring Nat. Pk.Mt. Aspiring Nat. Pk.
Mt. Aspiring Nat. Pk.

East of middle earth
Mt. Aspiring Nat. Pk.Mt. Aspiring Nat. Pk.
Mt. Aspiring Nat. Pk.

Crown Range Road view


25th February 2012
Mt. Aspiring Nat. Pk.

have anice time for the remainder of your trip BYE
28th February 2012

Bungy Jumper :)
Got your email, hope that you've received my other blog comments, and your happy birthday wishes on Facebook. Frank said to tell you that had you posted a photo of the infamous bungy jumper, he would have commented on your blog entry!!!

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb