adventure capital


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
April 24th 2006
Published: May 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Got the bus to queenstown today. its the hip, happening party and adventure capital of the world! well of new zealand at any rate but we weren't going stright there. First we stopped off at a place called 'puzzling world' created by a man with a decidedly warped mind. The illusion room was hilarious...lots of holograms and freaky optical illusions. There was also a slanting room....a room on a slope. the floor was probably at about a 45 degree angle! It totally messed with your head...and your balance!!! Leaving the room was tricky too because you went back on to level ground had to totally re adjust again!
The big maze was the best bit! You had to find all 4 coloured corners and then the exit!! There was stairs and bridges that you had to navigate. Everyone teamed up but i did it all on my own...and rescued sam along the way. poor lad had been going round in circles for a while.
We arrived in Queenstown and were given wrist band to get cheap drinks and also told we absolutely HAD to be at the karaoke!!
Think pretty much everyone off the bus was out! World Bar had the irish rugby on so the irish ppl off the bus were in there glued to the screen. Happy hour beers for $2.50....all night....special wrist bands! also they did teapots of cocktails. they were funny.
When we made it back to the hostel for karaoke it just got silly. Lee was hilarious...kept going up to sing (badly) and the karaoke guy kept trying to stop him so other people could have a go! Me and some of the other girls did 'build me up buttercup' !!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb