Day 4 - Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
November 18th 2007
Published: November 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Morning in AucklandMorning in AucklandMorning in Auckland

This is the view out of our window in the morning... nice!
Today we flew down to Queenstown.

We woke up and had a beautiful sunrise. Anne and Tony spent an hour reading on a swing listening to the sounds of Auckland Harbor and the birds. ahhh....

Flight was uneventful. What WAS eventful was learning how to drive on the left side of the road. Tony has been doing all of the driving so far, and has only veered to the right of the road once (or twice).

We explored downtown Queenstown (think Sonora or North Lake Tahoe). Very much a tourist and ski town with lots of summer activities and the people selling them.

We headed over to Hayes lake (just outside of town) and took a 10k hike. Very refreshing. It was beautiful scenery!!!

We are going to HELL pizza tonight, and then wine tasting (Tony is DD).
Tomorrow is another day in Queenstown... Don't know what we are doing yet... Horseback, Luge, Canoeing, LOTR tour... we'll see.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Queenstown ArriveQueenstown Arrive
Queenstown Arrive

Queenstown is BEAUTIFUL.... lots of mountains in all directions.
Hamster AucklandHamster Auckland
Hamster Auckland

Even the hamster liked the view in Auckland
Hayes LakeHayes Lake
Hayes Lake

Our little (10K) hike around Hayes lake... felt good to stretch out and take a long walk after all the flying.


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.3kb