Rainforst wonderland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Paparoa National Park
November 11th 2011
Published: November 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Two days in Paparoa and one of them was really sunny! On the sunny day we hiked up to the top of Mount Ryal. From the top we had a superb view of the Southern Alps, including Mt. Cook, which is New Zealand's highest peak. The lady at the desk seemed to think the hike was boring and "in the bush" the whole time, but the trees were amazing and we got to climb along a knife thin tree line for a while that would have spelled doom to anyone that fell. We also checked out the pancake rocks and blowhole, which wasn't erupting despite being there for high tide. Boooo.

The next day we forded a river and made our way to the Fox River Cave, which had sweet stalagmites and stalactites along with some cave bacon (not as delicious as it sounds). We even waded to the back of the cave past a waterfall that was flooding the floor. Next we bumped over to the beach for a waterfall and some cool sandstone rocks. Finally we ventured into another cavern and then made our way to Greymouth.

Hope all is well with everybody! We are going to check out some cheap stores then head down towards the glaciers!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb