Christchurch to Dunedin


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Dunedin
February 13th 2006
Published: February 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The last couple of days were a good laugh. I got a lift with a lad called Fabian who is a very efficient and organised and quite serious German. However, it wasn't boring because there were two others in the car for the trip; another German lad, Dave and an Austrian girl, Tina. Dave, despite being German, is very dry and quite surreal; he is extremely funny.
We drove down from Christchurch to Dunedin where we camped.
I have this account about when we stopped to get some drinking water:

Heading south we pulled into a petrol station to get some water. Tina got out of the car and went to the toilet, taking a bottle with her to fill with water. Fabian though took the concept to another level. He took two empty bottles and hid them inside his T-shirt, then entered the building. Dave and I thought it was extreme to be so secretive about getting some water as did Tina when she returned. Dave said to me, 'You should have the engine running ready for when he comes out'. 'Yeah', I said, 'this is the getaway car'.
When Fabian reappeared with his valuable booty we said, 'Come on! We've got to go quick before they catch us! We gotta burn rubber!
'Let's go! Let's go! Do you wanna be on the news Fabian?! Water crime is a big issue in New Zealand!'
Dave was laughing in the back seat. I turned and said, 'I don't know what you're laughing at. We're all in this together. We are all part of this operation!' Dave stopped laughing and then in a concerned sounding voice said, 'Do...do you think they have the Death Penalty here?'

Well we thought it was hilarious but I don't know how well it translates to people who weren't there. Let me know if it's not funny and I won't put any more 'you had to be there' type stories on here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb