Happy Valley and the Flying Fox


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region
February 27th 2011
Published: March 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Nelson is about an hour away from the top of the south island of New Zealand. It is on the coast and there is a a big shipping port there. It is a beautiful place with lots of clear crystal rivers running through it and lots of green parks. Just north of Nelson is a little place called Happy Valley where you can go and do more adventurous things. Happy Valley also has the biggest flying fox in the world that goes for 3 kilometers above a great big valley. As it was my cousins birthday we decided to go and try this.

To get to the flying fox that is at the very top of the mountain we had to ride big quad bikes up the mountain. Before we got on them they made us put on really old willies and jackets and we all looked really silly! I sat on the front and mum drove. They are really fast and we had to drive up really steep hills and through rivers. It took about 40 minutes to get to the top of the hill. When we got there the flying fox looks like a big chairlift and seats 4 people.
It was quite scary when we sat on the fox and they were about to let the ropes go as it felt like there was the biggest drop in the world. When they let it go is took off really fast and they we all felt like we were like birds flying through the air. It took about 5 minutes to reach the end. We had a radio to talk to the man in the control tower and he mad us count down and then we went flying backwards again. It was amazing to see the trees whizzing past miles underneath.

When we got back the man gave us a surprise and let us have another go because it was my cousins birthday. We then had to jump back on the quad bikes and race down the big hill. I think that this was one of the best days ever. It was so like being a bird and lots and lots of fun.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



21st July 2011

NEEMRANA ? NEEMRANA FORT ? NEEMRANA FORT PALACE ? NEEMRANA HOTELS ? NEEMRANA RAJASTHAN ? FLYING FOX ? FLYING FOXES ? NEEMRANA RESORT ? ZIP LINE TOURS
I would like to thank the author for his marvelous efforts. I always enjoy reading such articles. Motion Trip offers neemrana, neemrana fort, neemrana fort palace, neemrana hotels, neemrana rajasthan, flying fox, flying foxes, neemrana resort, zip line tours, neemrana india, neemrana fort palace hotel, Flying Fox neemrana, neemrana packages, neemrana fort packages, neemrana fort resort, neemrana group.

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb