Gertrude Saddle Day hike


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Milford Sound
March 10th 2007
Published: March 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Gertude Saddle Gertude Saddle Gertude Saddle

WOW! The BEST VIEW EVER!!
After spending some time in Te Anau we headed off up Milford Road again to do a day walk called gertrude Saddle.
We parked the car at the bottom of gertrude Valley then headed up this steep valley. On the way up we got some great views of the valley down to the car. The track became steeper and steeper and the walk boarded on rock climbing rather than walking! One section involved climbing up using chains to assist you. We climbed over a series of waterfalls and passed the black lake until finally reaching the top after about 2hours of steep climbing. And Wow! i know that word has been used alot in my blogs but seriously wow! This is definately my favourite view! It was my perfect landscape something Id been looking for my entire time in new zealand! It was a view of the Mountain ranges going into the distance with a valley leading leading down the middle of it, and then with Milford Sound in the background. WOW!
The Picture says it all.

We also did several other walks on Milford Road another good walk was Lake Marian. It was just a day walk but had great views at the top.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

The way upThe way up
The way up

me and Julia (rich's friend)


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb