Rain rain and rain


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Lake Tekapo
July 23rd 2008
Published: July 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

traveling South in the rain


today we left Lake Tekapo (after a quick stop over at teh church on the lake).
it rained over night, and continued to rain as we drove. AS we moved on it got colder adn colder, we stopped at a few Lord Of the rings film sites, then headed into the mountains, every corner was stunning snow capped mountaines . AS we got towards Lindus pass (a road over a mountain the rain got heavier adn heavier, the cars comig towards us were covered in this strange white powder! Then the rain suddenly turned thicker! It was snowing. WE stopped at the top (along with a few other mad Aussies) and the boys had a ball throwing snowballs. Given our debarcle with the snow chains we were glad to see the grit truck (spreading the road with grit) the snow was short lived however and soon tuned back to rain. WE stopped at a salmon famr (YUMM!) and soon made our wau to Wanaka. The boys had great fun at Puzzling World-- a world of illusions and mazes.
We spent the night at a luxury van park (means expensive) and squished into the hot tub (only
Lindis PassLindis PassLindis Pass

Boys enjoy their firs snow fall
reason we stayed there and it was too hot adn crowded to enjoy). Once again it rained overnight (although I think it was actually snow but wsahed away, one of teh nearby snowfields had 25cm cnow overnight!)
I have to be honest and admit I am getting a bit fed up with packing and unpacking teh van. Oh for a lotto win and hotels!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb