Lake mahinapua 23-24/1


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Lake Mahinapuha
January 25th 2009
Published: January 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Got on the kiwi bus and was surprised to see a girl we met on the oz bus, even more random was that the only seat left was next to her but very cool though.

On the way to lake Mahinapua we stopped off in Greymouth to get some supplies for the party. The party was at the “poo pub” and had been reserved for our bus. The fancy dress theme was popstars and what the feck, so Dave went as a punk with green hair and I went as a magical creature with purple hair, a tootoo and a wand.

When we arrived at lake Mahinapua we walked down to the lake for a quick photo and then came back for happy hour before tea. Tea was amazing, it was as much as you wanted and we had venison stew (which we have never tried before), steak, poptatoes, pasta, vegs, etc. Everyone was stuffed.

The party was really good fun and we had really good people on the bus. After midnight some of us decide to go down and see the glow worms. There were loads, they looked like little green dots but were absolutely beautiful and with the stars out too we were all in total awe.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0784s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb