Wet 'n' wild!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Geraldine
November 27th 2010
Published: November 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So Sunday morning we headed up to Peel forest to find the Rangitata Rafting Company. Here we were given tea & lunch before getting geared up for rafting. We spent over 2 hours rafting down the Rangitata River over rapis graded 1 through to 5 which was great fun - no one fell out or capsised although I did loose my paddle at one point - oops! It was drop it or hit Julian around the head with it as everyone dived to the left! We also got a chance to go swimming down the river & also to jump into the water from a couple of rocks - one a few metres above the river & the other around 10m above the water! That was rather terrifying but good fun! After this schenanigans we were taken back to the lodge where hot showers & a BBQ awaited us! Photos of the day will follow when I can get them off the CD...

Myself & Julian had opted to stay the night at the lodge so as it was early we headed back down to Peel Forest & went for a short walk, including visiting an old saw pit. Just as we got back to the car the heavens opened & it poured with rain & hail, thunder & lightning! We got rather damp running from the car to the lodge. The Flying Kiwi bus had arrived by then so the place was rather crowded & we watched The Castle (Aussie film) - ok but not as funny as we were lead to believe - and The World's Fastest Indian which was a very good film about Burt Monroe & his modified Indian motorcycle.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Jumping off the rocks!Jumping off the rocks!
Jumping off the rocks!

One rock that was 3m & one 10m high!


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb