down under....


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Franz Josef
December 16th 2008
Published: December 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I know I am well behind everyone else....on the tummy front well mostly OK. Ian not 100% but taking it easy and has good appetite and yes generally taking it easier. However it wouldn't be right if we didn't have something else up our sleeves! Mark seems to have a tooth growing down where a baby tooth hasn't come out first so I am going to ask Beccy to sort out a dentists check up for him in Wellington, think an abstraction may be needed! No pain though so we carry on. Daniel also stood on my glasses which are a right off so you see we know how to holiday!

Australia, well we arrived in morning rush hour and made the wrong decision to take public transport. It meant my first view of the Sydney harbour bridge was rather disappointing however we arrived at our appartments on Darling harbour and the view from here was amazing. Dont think i've ever had such a view both in the day and at night. The weather was awful but Mark wanted to do the stadium tour and it was brilliant. We had a guide all to ourselves and she was so interesting, the kids hung on her every word. We will all bore you now with facts from 2000 Olympics! We had great views from the seats and did the predictable standing on the actual medal podiums, but it was great fun.

The next day went from 18 degrees up to 33 so of course we hit the beach. We decided on Bronte, we dont have the bodies for Bondi! The pacific was freezing, I mean as cold as the north sea but the surf was amazing. The city itself has great charm I think, quite compact, not sure about the Aussies here, mixed feelings, but then I bet that is true about most citites.

Our time was over too quickly once again so now it was time to pack and get a taxi, yes we learned, on to NZ, the main reason for our travels.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb