Milford Sound on a Beautiful Day


Advertisement
Published: February 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Picnic on Lake GunnPicnic on Lake GunnPicnic on Lake Gunn

In fact we forgot our food so it was a diet picnic :-)
We are so lucky. Milford Sound and the Fiordland in general get about 6 meters of rain per year. But we had a real nice day!
The way from Te Anau to Milford Sound (which is actually a fiord but for some reason all fiords in NZ are called sounds) is 120km long, with many nature atractions on the way. We stopped in several places for short walks in beautiful scenery.
Then we cruised the fiord. It's a nice one but it's really nothing compared to Norway, with all the respect. The Geiranger (I hope I remember the name correctly) is the big winner. However putting this aside, it was lovely.
During the cruise we stopped in an underwater observatory where we (mainly Shiri) enjoyed to see a sea-star and some other nice fish, while we (mainly me) enjoyed watching the guide... well Shiri allows me to say she enjoyed too... wow he had amazing eyes... he was beautiful. They should put him on the brochure and not the fish. How come I was too shy to aks for a photo?


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

For ShiriFor Shiri
For Shiri

The second nicest thing in the observatory (in my opinion there was no second actually...)


Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0804s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb