Edit Blog Post
Published: March 7th 2014
I heard of that city that every student is proud of when remembering the time at uni. The students call themselves „Scarfies“ named after the street where all the second years live. When I arrived in Dunedin, I didn't know where to go and what to do. I just let things happen.... The outcome was an adventure with local scarfies. Olly introduced me to their lifestyle. Big parties on Thursday and Saturday. Big houses where up to six students live in. It's a community where everybody helps out.
Thanks Olly for your patience, hospitality and and in detail thanks for:
- showing me how to hold a bat and take the right posture
- explaining the rules of cricket game and most important: not to cross the circle during a game!!!
- teaching me slang and which word to use to get fired or warned 😊
- getting the best of Marmite
- preparing meal for the pack
- climbing up the steep Baldwin Street and enjoying the view
- going to the Royal Albatross Colony with me and sharing your fries!
Cheers my friend!
Tot: 1.639s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:saturn w:www (126.96.36.199); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.3mb