Leeston to Dunedin


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Dunedin
May 22nd 2010
Published: May 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Shirley and BillShirley and BillShirley and Bill

Shirley and Bill looked after us well in Leeston
8/5/10 to 21/5/10
After several days in Leeston, and a night in the truck at Rakaia, we moved on to Mt Somers where we met members of the Mid-Canterbury 4x4 Club for their run up to Browns Saddle on the Invarity Station. This was a great day and we meet some great people from the area, with a few beers at the Mt Somers pub afterwards.

Dave and I stayed at the camping ground in a cabin, as it was quite cold, In the kitchen cooking breakfast we met a lady, Dale, who used to live in Sandys Rd, Kerikeri many years ago! We checked out the old limestone kilns, and drove in towards Erewhon Station to Lake Clearwater, then back to Temuka.

Monday and Tuesday were spent in Temuka staying at the Crown Hotel (old but comfy and great publicans). On Tuesday night we drove to Carey’s Bay, near Port Chalmers, Dunedin. Here we have stayed with old friends Christine and Steve in their lovely warm home.

It was great to catchup with brother and sister-in-law, David and Christine for coffee before heading back west and north to Alexandra for a night (slept in the truck again), then three nights in Palmerston and back to Dunedin via Karitane and Warrington.

We are again back in Carey's Bay with Chistine and Steve. Saturday morning soccer at the Oval took us back a few years, watching the midgets play. Our nieces Madeleine and Annabelle had a great game, with Annabelle receiving the Player of the Day Award and certificate. Well done both of you!
We then looked at a flat that may be available for June, and we have another to look at tomorrow.





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Old cottageOld cottage
Old cottage

Dave found us a house for the winter!
Head of Rangitata RiverHead of Rangitata River
Head of Rangitata River

Looking towards Erewhon Station, Mid-Canterbury
Ma and Pa's PubMa and Pa's Pub
Ma and Pa's Pub

Blacks Hotel, Ophir, Central Otago
100's of shags100's of shags
100's of shags

Shags on the Oamaru wharf.
South Beach, PalmerstonSouth Beach, Palmerston
South Beach, Palmerston

Beautiful beach with a DOC reserve for beach flora and yellow-eyed penguin. Dave checking for penguin footprints.
Soccer at the OvalSoccer at the Oval
Soccer at the Oval

Our lovely nieces, after a successful game!


22nd May 2010

GREAT PUB
22nd May 2010

those footprints are from a bloody big penguin
24th May 2010

I bet the nights are long and chilly in the truck.
Try leaving the fridge door open, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb