NEW ZEALANDS EAST COAST: Drawing to an end! :-(


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Dunedin
February 3rd 2008
Published: February 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone, sorry its been so long, just ive been a very busy girl, lol!! Am doing the rest of New Zealand in one blog because there wasnt as much to see and by this time i felt like we were basically just travelling back to the top to leave the country!! Stopped in Dunedin after Queenstown, quiet a small city really! Its where New Zealand only university is though so there were lots of young people about! Only stayed there one night as there wasnt much to do! We ended up going to the cinema lol!!! You know me lol! Love my films!!

The next day was pretty miserable, rained all day so we couldnt really do everything we wanted!! Stopped and looked at some cool boulder formations on the beach (got to use me raincoat again, lucky me!!) haha! But didnt get to do the Mount Cook hike because it was too cloudy, rubbish!! Couldnt even see it from Lake Tekapo and it was supposed to be the highest mountain in New Zealand!! Oh well.......Stayed at the nicest hostel there actually right on the lake front, it was like a little log cabin and there were the nicest showers EVER!!! Seriously you dont understand how good a power shower is untill you grown accustomed to hose pipes haha! We all just chilled out that night in the massive living room they had, cooked our own dinner (i know you must be very proud of me) and watched some dvds-whats new??

Arrived in Christchurch on the 5th which i actually really loved! Reminded me a bit of Canterbury!! A very English city with lots of churches and cathedrals!! Tthe botanic gardens were lush too, spent the next few days wandering around the town and sunbathing in the park!! Which reminds me (you'll see from the pic) there was a tree which i swear was the magical faraway tree!!! It was HUGE!!! I loved it!! Went out for a really nice mexican the first night we arrived! it was Kate and Nellys last night so thought we'd push the boat out, starter, main AND desert!!! Could hardly move after!! haha! Went back to the hostel bar and they were having a backpackers night and the funniest guy was hosting a paper, rock, scissors contest, it was hilarious!!! he was getting into it soooooo much!!! Watched a live band that evening as well and they were amazing!!! The lead singer had such a beautiful voice!! Dad you would have loved it, sang a lot of soul and reggae and stuff!!

Spent the last day getting really excited about Fiji and seeing the girls!!! i still cant believe how quick the time is flying by!! its mental!! Went to a foam party on our last night with some people we'd met in the hostel!! Was a really good night, but Fionnuala ended up losing one flipflop in the foam!! How the hell she did that i dont know, but we couldnt find it even on our hands and knees so the owner gave her a free pair from the back, only thing being they were MASSIVE!!! She looked like she was wearing big paddles on her feet! Wish i had taken a photo, lol!!

So yup there it is thats the end of our New Zealand adventure, quite sad really coz i loved it sooooo much!! Definately will coime back and spend some more time here, i dont think three weeks was enough to appreciate it properly!! :-( But very excited about Fiji and Oz!!!!!!!

Hope you are all still well, sending my love to you all xxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



27th February 2008

Hello again!!
Lake Taupo!! Remember that well, did my skydive over it!! Did you see any black swans!!!?!? So did you think New Zealand felt like england circa 1990? :-P
27th February 2008

Jealous, jealous, JEALOUS!!
Hey Em! Have just finished reading through your blogs, and am loving hearing the stories of all you've seen and done, if getting crazy jealous at the same time!! I hope there'll be more blogging soon...am sure there's TONS more stories to be told! Stay safe and having a great time, all my love! xxx

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb