Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
February 17th 2015
Published: February 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Finally arrived in Christchurch, Sunday afternoon, Isy our very patient and organised friend picked us up at the airport and set out on a mission to keep us awake until 9pm! She succeeded, she dropped us at our motel to check in and leave our stuff, then over to hers for a cup of tea and on to the beach near her home for a very bracing walk. Weather cool but dry, with a cold East wind down on the beach.



On Monday morning Isy picked us up with a full day planned, great not to have to think to much to start with! Started with coffee in the botanical gardens, a walk along the river (The Avon - yes really!) and then into Christchurch city centre, which still is recovering from the devastng eathquake in 2011. Lots of damage still evident, the cathedral and all the city centre shops, however work is ongoing and there is a temporary container mall, where the shops have re established themselves trading in some very interesting and imaginative shipping containers!



Picking up the Space ship today.......

Advertisement



17th February 2015

Hello!
So glad you and Chris have arrived safely after such a long journey. Sounds amazing already and you've still to get the spaceship! xxxx
17th February 2015

The Spaceship!!!
Cannot wait to see pics of the spaceship and to hear if Chris' prediction of potential D.I.V.O.R.C.E is correct!!! Have fun!

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb