Sydney, Australia to Christchurch, New Zealand.


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
November 20th 2013
Published: November 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday November 20th, 2013. Sydney, Australia to Christchurch, New Zealand.

We arrived at Sydney at about 8 am and had to disembark the plane yet again. We cleared security agian and then waited at the same gate (a level higher) to reboard the same plane with the same seats as before. We landed at Christchurch on time and cleared immigration. We had to declare that we had hiking boots with us (bio hazards). The bags went through the x-ray machine and then we were shown to a special area where our hiking boots were very carefully inspected (good job we cleaned them before we left the UK!). In the arrivals hall we telephoned the camper van company who were expecting us. We took a taxi and, after completing all the documents and payment, collected our little van (and it is little!).

We were extremely tired so the guy at Happy Campers recommended a camp site called North/South holiday park that was only about 1 km away. He also gave us a map and marked it with the campsite and also a supermarket. We drove to the campsite and secured a double bed in a ten person bunk house (didn't fancy the tiny camper van - too knackered to fiddle around making up the bed!). We were the only guests in the bunk house (great). We needed our own bedding (lucky we had some in the camper van). The bunk house was well equipped with sofas, microwave, flat screen TV and tables and chairs. We went to the New World supermarket and grabbed a trundler (supermarket trolly to us Brits!) went inside and purchased some basic supplies - Milk, Bread, Tea, Coffee, Wine etc. We ordered in a Pizza for dinner which was quite good. After dinner D passed out on the bed while M watched a bit of trotting racing on the tele. As a result this has now been added to M's New Zealand Bucket List. M collapsed about 10 pm and joined D in a very welcome flat bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



21st November 2013

Glad you arrived safely. I'm going back to Spain on Tuesday. Xx

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb