Rafting on the Flying Kiwi tour


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
November 7th 2011
Published: November 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After picking up a couple of people in Christchurch we passed rolling fields filled with sheep on our way to Rangitata - tonights camp. The weather was looking a little wet so we upgraded to a nice cabin bed, tucked into a scrumptious BBQ dinner and made the most of the cosy, roaring fire.
As the rafters prepared for bouncing through the rapids in their inflatable vessel, me and another girl headed out to explore the area on foot. We walked through farmland, passing jet black cows, bulls and sheep who starred at us as though we were mad. It was soooo peaceful with only the sounds of the river in the distance and the odd moo and baa from the animals. We hiked down to the gorge and peered down at the inviting blue water of the river below, a section of river covered in the rafting trip.
Back at Rangitata lodge the rafters had returned absolutely buzzing from their adventure and complaining of jaw ache from giggling so much. None of them had fallen in, although a few had done the cliff jump and after a nice warm shower we boarded the Flying Kiwi bus for Lake Tekapo.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb